Setting Your Intention!!
Second in a Series
2014 has arrived. Happy New Year to you and yours. May 2014 bring you all of the love, peace and abundance you can receive and more.
As we move into 2014 with fresh goals and a renewed commitment to our dreams, how can we improve our chances for successful accomplishment?
Yesterday, You 3.0 noted that setting resolutions and goals without setting our intentions is basically a wish list.
So how do we avoid having what we desire to manifest in our lives becoming just a wish list? By setting our intentions towards them.
How do we set our intention? Make up our mind to be all in, fully committed and develop a plan of action.
Setting our intention is as much a spiritual act as anything else Dr. Wayne Dyer suggests in his book, The Power of Intention, that intention is actually a field of energy, a silent partner that is accessible to all of us all of the time to aid us in fulfilling what it is we say we want. Intention is a tool that can be put to work.
The act of setting our intention:
- Be clear and specific about what you desire. When we are vague, it is difficult to provide direction and difficult for others to assist us in accomplishing our goals.
- Align your thinking and feeling. Believe you are worthy of receiving it. Believe it is possible to have it. When your thoughts and feelings are not in alignment, that is, you don’t believe you are worthy or that what you desire is possible, it is the same as a house being divided against itself. A house divided cannot stand. Thoughts and feelings not in alignment cannot produce desirable results.
- Engage your power of imagination to see and feel your desired outcome. Your imagination is the most powerful gift you have. The ability to image that which is not yet formed in the outer. What does it look like? How does it feel?
- Write out your intention: Writing helps to impress it on your consciousness and is a reminder that you can look at every day.
Today, I am declaring my intention to__________________
- Ask for and be open to the directions, ideas, resources and assistance that will be presented to you and be prepared to note the synchronicities.
- As always, give thanks for the opportunity to learn and expand.
Each of us can always use some help along our path. Don’t be afraid to seek assistance. Invest in yourself by working with a professional coach to help you see your strengths and possibilities and hold you accountable to your intentions.
Wishing you a Happy New You.
YOU 3.0 Question of the week: What is your intention? Write it out and post it where you can be reminded of it everyday.